Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Research Survey

In my blog post from February 2nd 2011, I mentioned several resources for constructing proper and effective questionaire surveys. After an initial draft version I have now put up online my anonymous online survey. Please feel free to visit and help me with my research by filling out the questionaire at www.newsmental.com/survey.aspx.

I designed the survey by following some of the principles mentioned in my blog post from February 2nd, but most of all I made an effort to keep the survey as short as possible (it only takes about 1 minute to fill out) as I really don't like to fill out 20 minute long surveys. So it should only take about a minute to fill out, if it doesn't or if you have any issues, comments feel free to leave me a message.

1 comment:

  1. Within 11 days I have managed to receive just over 700 responses to my survey on www / social media usage, and I am quite excited once I'll analyse this dataset of responses [I'm leaving the survey for another 1-2 weeks online, but I am happy with 700, as I was simply hoping for about 500].

    The data is categorised by education level, technical familiarity and age-group. Questions were aimed to answer the respondent's subjective impression of their motivation, usage or trust issues with social media among other things. Respondents came from a number of countries (approx identified by IP-address - since survey is anonymous), but predominantly they represent loughborough university students from accross numerous departments!

    Thanks again to all who participated! Around 200 of my respondents registered for the results, and so you'll hear back from me once I'm done :-)

    ReplyDelete